It has been said that it’s easier to find a compatible spouse than a bridge partner – until now. The ACBL’s new online Partnership Desk is open for business and attracting customers. More than 2000 members have checked out the Partnership Desk, accessible by logging into your MyACBL account, and nearly a quarter have posted partner requests.
So what does this mean for you? Members who have partners play more bridge! With the ability to find a partner from the comfort of home, players are given more control over their bridge experience. By shifting the power to our players, we hope they will attend club games and travel to tournaments more frequently. It will also make your time spent arranging partnerships more efficient!
• Use the Partnership Desk handout to show your students how they can find a partner for games, tournaments or even online play!
• Give players a Partnership Desk handout when they purchase a game entry.
• Offer a one-time free play to players who found partners using the Partnership Desk.
This tip comes from Peter Boyd-Bowman, club manager of the Triad Bridge Club in Greensboro NC.
• Include the Partnership Desk logo in your fliers and advertising. Members from out of town are more likely to attend if they can find a partner in advance.
• Hang up Partnership Desk templates around the playing site to improve your table count.
• Have a laptop available for use at your physical Partnership Desk so players can post their own listing. This is best for players not seeking a partner for the upcoming session! Then be proactive in helping facilitate connections.
Did you know…?
Each member’s Partnership Desk profile is automatically populated with their name, date they joined the ACBL and of course, their masterpoint total. Players can take it a step further and customize their online profile to show preferred bidding systems, BBO username and even a picture.